Spring is one of the most important seasons of the year. This is when plants and flowers are growing, birds start singing and the weather becomes better. Well, that sounds like fun! More importantly, people crawl out of their winter-hidings and start exploring beautiful pleasures such as terraces, parks, beaches, short skirts, festivals and all the outdoor fun stuff.
For this Spring, we already mentioned some cool items, but here’s a small list of garments to complete your wardrobe:
- A crisp white shirt like the ones from Derek’s, for sale now online and in Amsterdam via LAAT. The shirts are tailored and in a very light fabric with the logo embroidered ton-sur-ton with nice detailing at the bottom of the shirt.
- Colorful socks, try the multi-colored ones by H&M to complement your outfit and show the rest of the people that you have sense of style and modesty.
- Slim fit chinos, the best fit by far are the chinos by Velour. If you prefer another brand, why not the “classic” Dockers or the cheaper alternative by Jack&Jones?
- A nice pair of shades by Ray-Ban. Be cool and get yourself the Wayfarer to let your inner Blues Brother or Top Gun “Maverick” out.
- A pullover for the slightly cooler evenings, in a color that matches your socks. That is how to show you are into details. I’ve found cool knitwear by Ralph Lauren.
I know it’s winter and it’s fricking cold outside, but when slowly every store on the planet is coming with their Spring/Summer collection I can’t stop thinking about updating my wardrobe. The following 5 items are in my point of view the ‘essential things’ to have this Spring and Summer.
1 – Tribal print T-shirts are back from the 90’s. Adds a little funkiness to your wardrobe.
Found on www.riverisland.com
2- Ofcourse a chino, try a color like red, blue or mint green. Found on www.scotch-soda.com
3- Forget flip-flops, most of the time they look hideous and besides women don’t like ugly men toes. Try the espadrilles from TOMS. They come in many different colors and they walk very comfortably. Most important is that with every pair you purchase from TOMS, they will give a pair to a child in need. Found on www.toms.com
4- With every small glimpse of sunshine I like to put op a pair of nice sunglasses. I’m hooked on this one of Persol. Steve McQueen wore a Persol like this one in the movie “Bullitt”.
And who wouldn’t want the look like Steve McQueen? Found on www.persol.com
5- When you are going to the beach or on holiday with your lady you need a nice weekend bag where you can put all your stuff in. This is a good quality bag by Massimo Dutti and it adds a little luxury to your outfit. Found on www.massimodutti.com
So, it has been a bit quiet here on my blog… I was on a holiday to Italy, the land of design, fashion and not-so-fast cars. I’ve seen some amazing things there! Tourists wear really funny outfits. Why? Is it ok to dress like an idiot when you are a tourist? I didn’t dress like an idiot.
Some simple rules; if you are in a city, wear normal pants or jeans, not shorts. Do not wear any beachwear, sandals, tanktops etc.
If you wear open shoes, don’t wear socks. Make sure your nails are cut and decent. What is wrong with a simple chino and poloshirt? It’s light, not too warm and looks cool. Try to blend in.
Anyway, I’m back. Got a lot of stuff to do, but I will keep you posted!