Hereby we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the holidays!
Being the cool and stylish gentleman you are, there are many things you do in a stylish manner. Here are a couple of things I’ve written about in the past but are still very much up-to-date.
How to pack a suitcase
- The heavy things like books and shoes you pack first, at the bottom of your suitcase.
- After that you pack the hardware, toilet items and underwear.
- Pack your shoes in shoebags. Wear the most heavy ones during your trip (on an airplane), this saves you a lot of carrying and kilos in your suitcase.
- Fold your clothing neatly, to save space.
- Your shirts must be folded loosely and you need to put them very gently in your suitcase (on top of everything else, to prevent re-ironing).
- A suit or jacket is best to be put in a separate bag (for suits). If you choose to pack it in your suitcase, turn the jacket inside-out to make sure it doesn’t wrinkle.
How to blow your nose
- Blowing one’s nose is always done discretely and without making any noise.
- Never blow your nose at the (dinner)table, excuse yourself and retire to the bathroom. Or at least out of reach of your table mates.
- Use paper tissues and dispose of them after use. For hygienic purposes. Don’t ever use a handkerchief.
- Do not pick your nose in front of others and don’t look at the produce after you have blown your nose. Gross…
- First blow one nostril and then the other one, it’s more effective and healthier. Ask the doctor.
How to use public transport
- Find a good spot, don’t just sit next to someone when there’s plenty of space somewhere else. People need their space.
- Make sure you have a valid ticket. Using public transport without a ticket is really sad.
- Shut up. Don’t talk loudly, don’t make loud phonecalls or listen to loud music. Back in the days everyone on the train was quiet as well. If you need to talk to someone on the phone do it briefly, quietly and ask if it’s ok to call back later. People will appreciate this.
- Don’t put your feet on the bench or chair, save that for home. Don’t do that at home as well, by the way.
- Refrain from eating or drinking. No hamburgers, fries or other food that stinks like hell. If you have trash to dispose of, keep it until you see a wastebin.
- Make place for the elderly and disabled people and do not hang around the exit or entrance.
- People must exit the vehicle or train before you enter.
Spring is one of the most important seasons of the year. This is when plants and flowers are growing, birds start singing and the weather becomes better. Well, that sounds like fun! More importantly, people crawl out of their winter-hidings and start exploring beautiful pleasures such as terraces, parks, beaches, short skirts, festivals and all the outdoor fun stuff.
For this Spring, we already mentioned some cool items, but here’s a small list of garments to complete your wardrobe:
- A crisp white shirt like the ones from Derek’s, for sale now online and in Amsterdam via LAAT. The shirts are tailored and in a very light fabric with the logo embroidered ton-sur-ton with nice detailing at the bottom of the shirt.
- Colorful socks, try the multi-colored ones by H&M to complement your outfit and show the rest of the people that you have sense of style and modesty.
- Slim fit chinos, the best fit by far are the chinos by Velour. If you prefer another brand, why not the “classic” Dockers or the cheaper alternative by Jack&Jones?
- A nice pair of shades by Ray-Ban. Be cool and get yourself the Wayfarer to let your inner Blues Brother or Top Gun “Maverick” out.
- A pullover for the slightly cooler evenings, in a color that matches your socks. That is how to show you are into details. I’ve found cool knitwear by Ralph Lauren.
If you want to wear the cool and stylish white shirt this summer, please send an email with your name and size (S/M/L/XL) to email@example.com for your exclusive pre-order.
The introduction price for the shirt is only EUR 70,- so do not hesitate…
Today, the first round of Derek’s shirts has gone in production. We have chosen for nice white shirts, with the typical Derek’s design. Because we want men to wear their shirt both casual and formal, the shirt is designed in such a way that this is possible.
Our production facility, is working hard on getting the best fabrics and other materials to make the shirt a success in The Netherlands.
Please become a fan of Derek’s on Facebook!
As a man, you should be able to obey some rules of style. For instance, there are certain items which you should have. A crisp white shirt, black dress shoes, brown dress shoes etc. My friends at Esquire know all about this.
If you walk outside and you are the only guy walking in the stuff you wear you are either very fashion-forward or you have picked out the wrong attire.
There is not much wrong with being fashion forward, but please stay within some lines of decency, you are not Lady Gaga. I’m sure of that. Even if you are, there are really some things a man shouldn’t wear.
For now, a small checklist of fashion items you need:
– A white shirt
– A black shirt
– Black socks (no sports socks, never)
– A dark suit (grey)
– Black dress shoes
– Brown dress shoes
– Dark blue jeans
– Good sunglasses
I can go on and on, but these are pretty much the basics. Now, if you miss something from this list, go shopping! Let me know what you have bought.